Love cannot remain by itself – it has no meaning.
Love has to be put into action and that action is service.
~ Mother Theresa
• help to plan future service themes
• work with the minister to select service topics, music and readings
• may lead services and give the message
• usually assist at 4-5 services per year
Most weeks, Worship Associates at UUCSR create and share their personal reflections on the theme of the service.
These reflections have become a treasured part of our services. They make us laugh and cry, and invite the congregation to connect with the theme more profoundly.
Are You Interested in Being a Worship Associate? If you
- have been a member of UUCSR for at least one year
- have a desire to create inspiring and transcendent worship
- are patient, flexible and responsible
- have the ability to connect with others
- are comfortable speaking to large groups
– please speak to the Chair of the Worship Associates, Judy Withee.
We share with you some of our Worship Associates’ Reflections:
Day of the Dead, post Tubbs fire
“The first time I ever made-up my face in the Dia de los Muertos fashion, I felt so powerful!…”
“Some years ago, I woke up in a hospital bed. I had been sleeping a very long time…”
Living with a Wound
“Talk to me about spirituality, and I will inevitably arrive at Father Richard…”
“A few days after I was born, I was baptized into the Lutheran Church…”
“I grew up in a beautiful desert surrounded by four mountain ranges…”
An Immigration Tale
“Bridget Linehan was 8 years old when her mom and baby sister died in in the flu epidemic of 1918…”
Vocation: Calling the Callers
“It’s one of those things that come with the role of being a professor: advising students….”